3 death due to ammonia gas leak

DAINIK NATION BUREAU

Panic griped the residents of Shambhu area in Rajpura after three persons were reported dead and 11 injured in a suspected ammonia gas leak from Himalaya Fresh Protein Factory Pvt Limited.

The injured were admitted to Government Rajindra Hospital. The incident took place at around 1.30 am.
Before the gas leak, a blast was heard suggesting that one of the cylinder’s filled with ammonia might have exploded inside the food processing unit, police said.

As the blast was heard at a nearby village, locals from there rushed to the unit. The ill people were rushed to the nearby hospital where four of them were declared brought dead.

Doctors attending to the injured said at least four of the 11 admitted were seriously injured.

The residents from the village were evacuated to safer places.

The eight injured worked at the same factory unit, while the others were living in the surrounding areas.

NB–THE TRIBUNE

x

Check Also

swine-flu

First swine flu death in Himachal’s Kangra district

The first swine flu death in Kangra was reported from Dr Rajendra Prasad Govt Medical ...

error: