DAINIK NATION BUREAU
On the occasikon of birth anniversary of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpaye, who had seperated Uttarakhand from Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched the “ Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojna”. With the implementation of the scheme, Uttarakhand has become the first state where all the residents will be provided free health security by the state. The health scheme started on the birth anniversary of creator of Uttarakhand Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee will prove to be revolutionary in the health sector.
He distributed golden cards among the beneficiaries on the occasion. In his presence, the MOUs with identified hospitals for the scheme were also exchanged. He also announced to start free OPDs for children and old and start of dedicated air ambulances in the entire state from January 26.
There was huge rush of people at the launch function of the scheme held at bannu school in Dehradun. Large number of people were seen standing in queues at the counters to get themselves registered for “Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojna” and to get golden cards. The people were happy and enthused with the facts that their cards were being made without any hassles.
He also formally inaugurated the website and app of “ Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojna” on the occasion . He also distributed golden cards to several beneficiaries and the MOUs with identified hospitals for the scheme were also exchanged in his presence.
Addressing the gathering, Chief Minister said that it was a big day today since it is the birth anniversary of respected Ayal ji and a Tuesday also and a welfare scheme has also been launched today. He said that our ‘Shastras’ said “ Sarve Bhavantu Sukhin, Sarve Santu Niramaya” and the state government is also working on the same philosophy of good of everyone. He said that in Uttarakhand having tough geographical circumstances, his government has been trying to use technology and has started tele-radiology, tele-medicine facilities in health centres located in far off places.
Chief Minister said that Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has started “Ayushman Bharat Yojna” and Uttarakhand taking inspiration from him has started a similar scheme to that every residents of the state could get free health facilities and none is deprived of medical treatment due to paucity of funds. “We have started “ Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojna” to give health cover to each and every family of the state and ensure cashless treatment. Taking into consideration the problem associated with insurance, the scheme will be run in trust mode. Every effort has been made to make the scheme simple. It is our endeavor that every residents of the state is healthy. For serious ailments, people had to spend a lot and sometimes sell everything they own but with this cashless scheme, people will get benefit and they could get treatment without money, “ Chief Minister said.
Chief Minister said that 23 lakh families will be benefitted. A total of 99 government and 66 private health institutes have been identified for the scheme and people would get treat of 1350 serious ailments. The government hospitals will be given encouragement incentives. He hoped that in future private hospitals will come forward to provide health facilities in far off places in the state. The children and old will also get free OPD facility under the scheme soon. A dedicated air ambulance service will also start in the state from January 26 and people are still being airlifted by helicopter if necessary in case of serious ailments but air ambulance will be fully dedicated to airlift patients. The accredited journalists will also get the benefit of the scheme like state government employees.
The programme was chaired by Ex CM Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, MP Mala Rajya Lakshmi Shah, Vinod Chamoli, MLA. On this occasion cabinet minister Prakash Pant, Higher Education minister Dr Dhan Singh Rawat, Harbans Kapoor, Ganesh Joshi, Kunwar Pranav Champion, Sahdev Singh Pundir, Khazan dass, Umesh Sharma Kau,Mahender Bhatt, Munni Devi Shah, all MLAs, Dehradun Mayor Sunil Uniyal Gama, Chief Secretary Utpal Kumar Singh, State Health Authority Chief Dilip Kumar Kotia, DGP Anil Raturi, Additional Chief Secretary Radha Raturi, Secretary Nitish Jha, officials, Public representatives and dignitaries were present.
Brief of The Yojana
Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has been started by the Prime Minister, Government of India, to provide healthcare security to nearly 10 crore families selected in the Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011. About 5.37 lakh families of Uttarakhand have been identified under this Public Welfare Scheme and work to provide free health facilities and medical treatment up to Rs 5 lakh annually has been started. On the directions of the Chief Minister, expanding the scope of Ayushman Bharat Yojana, Uttarakhand government is starting Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana in which medical facilities upto Rs 5 lakh per annum will be provided to all the families of Uttarakhand. In this manner, about 23 lakh resident families in Uttarakhand will get free medical treatment.
This facility will be provided in state government hospitals and listed private hospitals. In case of emergency, this facility will be provided on direct admission in listed private hospitals. But in other cases, treatment in private hospitals will be available on the basis of referral from the government hospital. In order to run the Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana in a smooth manner, the government is working to list all government hospitals as well as private hospitals and it is the effort of the government that according to various types of specializations, the hospitals will be listed.
In order to make this Yojana simple and smooth, complaints and suggestions of beneficiaries from general masses are being received on the Toll Free Help Line 104, Mobile App (Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana) and website http//ayushmanuttarakhand.org. Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana is an important initiative in the public health sector.
Key features of the Yojana:-
- In case of felling sick, all families of Uttarakhand will get the benefit of the Yojana in case of getting admitted in a hospital.
- For the medical treatment facility, government and private hospitals have been identified.
- All members of every age group of the eligible beneficiary families can avail benefits under this Yojana.
- The beneficiary family can get it’s as well as family member details through the Mobile App (Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana).
- Such families which are not identified in the Yojana will be registered through Mobile App (Atal Ayushman Uttarakhand Yojana) and website http// ayushmanuttarakhand.org
- You must have a Photo Identity Card at the time of treatment.
- The families selected in the Yojana will get treatment after certifying according to their data base and according to the Photo Identity Card of the concerned.
- Packages related to the 1350 types of diseases have been selected in the Yojana.
- 130 packages related to cardiovascular disease, 42 packages related to eye disease, 94 related to nose ear, throat disease, 114 package related to bone disease, 161 package related to urinary disease, 73 package related to women disease, 253 package related to surgical disease, 115 package related to neuro surgery, neuro Radiology and plastic surgery, burn disease, 9 package related to dental disease, 156 diseases related to hair disease, 156 package related to pediatric disease, 70 package related to medical disease, 112 package related to cancer disease and 21 other package have been selected.
- For the assistance of the patients, Arogya Mitra will be deployed in the listed hospitals through which the patients undergoing treatment in the hospital will get help and guidance. Mobile Number of in the listed hospitals will be available at the help desk of the hospital.