Tata Motors on Monday announced the launch of a new XZ variant of its NEXON compact SUV. Starting at Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the petrol version, the new trim offers a number of useful features from the top-spec XZ+ variant.
The Tata Nexon XZ is also available in the diesel version with a price tag of Rs 8.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and both the versions cost around Rs 58,000 less than their respective top-spec XZ+ variants.
The features that Nexon XZ are following:
- Infotainment system with floating dashtop touchscreen, four speakers and four tweeters
- Android Auto connectivity, voice alerts and warnings, voice command recognition, text/Whatsapp message readout and reply, and Image/video playback on the infotainment screen
- Reverse parking sensors and camera assist
- Projector headlamps
- Height adjustable driver seat and seatbelts
- Drive-away locking feature
- Fabric inserts on door trims
- Day/Night inside rearview mirror
The Tata Nexon is based on the company’s new IMPACT design philosophy and offers a unique appearance in its segment. The petrol version of the car comes with a 1.2-litre Revotron engine that churns out 110PS of power and 170Nm of torque. The diesel version gets a 1.5-litre turbo Revotorq motor that makes 110PS and delivers a peak torque of 260Nm.