accident

Man dies after being sucked into MRI machine

A Lalbaug resident, Rajesh Maru, died on Saturday evening after getting pulled into an MRI machine along with an oxygen cylinder he allegedly carried into the room for his ailing relative. The incident occurred at the BMC-run Nair Hospital. The civic body has ordered an inquiry to ascertain how the cylinder made it to the MRI room where metal objects are not allowed.
For Maru’s death, caused by excessive inhalation of oxygen, the Agripada police on Sunday arrested Dr Saurabh Lanjrekar (24), ward boy Vithal Chavan (35) and attendant Sunita Surve (35), booking them under the IPC’s section 304A (negligence causing death; a bailable offence).

The deceased, Maru (32), had recently taken up a job at a clothes shop in Parel. He was at Nair Hospital, Mumbai Central, to help his brother-in-law Harish Solanki’s mother Laxmi. Doctors ordered an MRI scan for Laxmi as they suspected she had meningitis and pneumonia.
Harish, who was with Maru when the accident occurred, blamed ward boy Chavan for asking the family to take the oxygen cylinder into the MRI room. “Upon reaching the MRI section, we were asked by an attendant to remove all metallic objects such as belts, wallets and pins,” he said.

x

Check Also

lok-sabha

CAA comes into effect from Jan 10

The Centre on Friday announced that the Citizenship (Amendment) Act will come into force from ...

error: